October is here so that means Halloween is coming are you having a party or giving out sweet treats this year? why not home bake with love some spooky treats that people of all ages will enjoy!
Here is what you will need to make these spooky treats:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ready to roll icing ( colours of your choice )
- white piping icing
- cookie cutters in spooky Halloween shapes
- editable glitter
Once you have all of these you can ready to bake first thing to need to do is:
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minuets set a timer! once out the oven leave to cool completely.
Once the cookies are cool you can get to decorating ( the fun part!!!) first you need to roll out your icing colour of your choice take your cookie cutters from before and place on top of rolled icing and cut out the shape, before placing icing onto your sugar cookie you need to make it stick so make sure you use your piping icing to go along the edges of the cookie before gently matching up the icing with the cookie.
This part is optional but I then sprayed the icing with editable glitter spray which ( as seen above ) after that I then began the stick on any extra features such as eyes.
There you have it spooky glitter cookies fun for all the family, please note I got my recipe online and that will be linked below!
As always thank you for reading, I hope your October is spooky so far!,