Easter ah the season of the cream egg where I seem to consume about 20 of them before they disappear from the shelf’s again, this bake was inspired by Leticiabakes over on instagram who makes the most incredible goodies I ever did see.
What you will need:
- 185g soft butter ( room temp )
- 85g of plain flour
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 6 cradbury’s cream eggs
- Pre-hear your oven to 160c or gas mark 5 in my case, then take a square baking thin and grease like it with butter and baking paper to prep before you do your brownie mixture.
- Now to start mixing your ingredients together, break your 3 eggs into a baking bowl and add in your caster sugar (275g) add in flour ( 85g) cocoa powder (40g), and soft butter at room temp (185g). Now mix them all together with an electric mixer if you have one until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour your mixture into your already pre-lined square baking tin and pop in the oven for around 15 mins, in this time you need to cut your cream eggs in half I recommend heating up your knife a little to make it easier to cut through the cream eggs. After 15 mins remove your brownie mixture from the oven and start placing your cream egg half’s into the mixture, make sure they are spread out evenly and then bake for a further 10-15 mins.
- Once your brownies are fully baked remove from oven and leave to cool before taking them out of the baking tin, once cool cut into even squares and enjoy!
These brownies went down a treat in my home and I’m sure they will in yours if you recreate this bake let me know by tagging my baking account @mermaidmoonchildbakes over on Instagram or #mermaidmoonchildbakes and I’ll be sure to repost ❤️
As always thanks a bunch for reading, until next time.